Water is essential for life. At Seqwater, it is our job to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Our employees live and work in the communities we serve, and our team proudly works together to deliver on our vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, we provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, we provide essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in our catchment areas. Our operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making us one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT), you will provide professional support and advice to the CEO and Board of Directors of Seqwater. Seqwater is a Statutory Authority under the South East Queensland Water (Restructuring) Act 2007 and as Company Secretary, you will take responsibility to ensure all relevant regulatory requirements are met. You will provide support and guidance to the Board with regards to formal Board papers and submissions, and ensure a proper framework supports quality and timely responses. You will also oversee that corporate insurances are maintained and aligned to business requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administering the functional arrangements for the CEO, the Board and Board Committees including oversight of the preparation of agendas, Board papers and the minutes.
- Preparing all necessary documentation for submission to ASIC and other regulatory bodies.
- Advising the CEO, the Chair and the Board (as General Counsel) on legal and governance issues including implementing and revising relevant policies and procedures.
- Advising on general legal (including drafting and reviewing of agreements) and compliance matters for the Company, its General Managers, and senior management.
- Developing and maintaining suitable insurance and an insurance register for the Company and its various projects.
- Being responsible and accountable for keeping accurate and complete records of business activities, including co-ordinating Seqwaters audit and reporting responsibilities.
- Providing strategic leadership to the development, implementation and review of strategies, policies and sound business systems to ensure that they meet the Company’s statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that effective strategic and annual planning processes are in place to define and deliver the Board’s and Shareholders outcomes.
- Overseeing and participating in the development and administration of the Group budget; approve the forecast of funds needed for human resources, equipment, materials and supplies, approve expenditure and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
To be successful in this position you will possess:
- Demonstrable record of commitment and achievement as an experienced Company Secretary and General Counsel.
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of stakeholder management in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Awareness of WH&S, Environment, EEO legislation and Quality Standards.
- Demonstrated team building and human resource management skills to assist with the creation of a strong, well trained team capable of assisting with the ongoing management of the Company’s activities.
- Accountable and self-motivated with ability to work independently but the ability to influence the attitudes of others in affecting organisational and cultural change.
- Proven skills in delivering outcomes consistent with strategic frameworks and business strategies.
- High level communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to represent Seqwater effectively to industry, governments, suppliers, stakeholders and individuals in the community.
- Proven leadership skills relating to high performance teams working to a range of stakeholders, suppliers and individuals in the community.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Law or Post Graduate qualification in Law and Corporate Governance would be highly desirable.
- Qualified Company Secretary and Member of Chartered Secretaries Australia (ACIS, FCIS).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref no. JO-1907-96351.