Water is essential for life. At Seqwater, it is our job to provide a safe, secure and reliable water supply for more than three million people across South East Queensland. Our employees live and work in the communities we serve, and our team proudly works together to deliver on our vision of water for life. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, we provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes, we provide essential flood mitigation services to the region as well as manage recreational use in our catchment areas. Our operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges making us one of Australia's largest and most diverse water businesses.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT), you will lead a dedicated team of operational, planning, engineering and project management professionals to ensure the ongoing design, delivery, operation and maintenance of catchment and bulk water supply services. Working in partnership with the CEO and the Board, you will develop and implement the asset planning & delivery portfolio and operational business plans that deliver an integrated and cohesive investment & operating strategy.
You will ensure operational services are ‘fit for purpose’ (in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements) to deliver water to customers, as well as focusing on operational excellence by driving value through optimisation of our systems and smart use of our assets. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, managing the Flood Operations Centre, building collective and positive engagement with water retailers and leading Seqwater’s 30-year asset investment plan.
To be successful in this position, you will possess:
- Extensive experience in complex leadership positions, preferably within an economically regulated utility business or equivalent environments.
- Proven strategic acumen with an ability to design, implement and deliver dynamic and innovative programs that place an organisation at the forefront of its field.
- Exceptional project leadership skills with a keen sense of financial, risk, program and stakeholder management.
- Excellent leadership skills, business acumen and ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to excel at strategic thinking, to be open to new perspectives and innovative creative solutions.
- A demonstrated appetite for learning and applying contemporary leadership qualities that builds trust, collaboration and a high degree of ownership to personal, team and organisational commitments. As well as leading change, creating a shared sense of purpose, and driving and delivering high performance with consideration to operational excellence and a positive and safety-conscious culture.
- Demonstrated experience in leading transformational change to drive cost efficiencies across a business while ensuring a sustainable long-term operating model.
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to engage with a profile range of external stakeholders such as Regulators, Ministers and Government Departments, Councils, other Water Entities and Industry bodies.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline (e.g. Business Management, Business Administration, Engineering, preferably MBA).
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573 962 or email@example.com quoting ref no. JO-1907-96357.