About the Company
Located in the Southern Highlands, Wingecarribee Shire Council is unrivalled in its lifestyle offerings. Surrounded by rolling mountains and lakes, and within driving distance to Sydney, Canberra, the South Coast and the Illawarra region. This local government organisation is well known for its inclusive and safe work environment, with plenty of in house resources presenting exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development. The main towns are:
- Moss Vale (Council offices located here)
Please follow the below link to the full Applicant Brochure:
About the Role
The Manager Certification and Compliance is responsible for actively co-ordinating the business functions associated with Statutory Development Assessment (residential type development, Certification of buildings/associated structures and Development Compliance, Environmental Health and Environmental Protection, Fire Safety and Swimming Pool Regulation. This role reports into the Group Manager of Planning and has 12, full time, direct reports.
The key responsiblities include:
- Manage assigned resources in order to achieve Council’s service delivery commitments.
- Management an operational level of certification and compliance services with an emphasis on change management and development of existing practices, policies and procedures to achieve efficiency and best practice.
- Assist the Group Manager to drive commitment to a business transformation program.
- Provide active leadership, mentoring and coaching to members of the Certification and Compliance Team and broader Planning Development and Regulatory Services branch, clearly communicating expectations and objectives.
- Lead with influence to ensure that Council’s adopted corporate values are promoted in all business dealings and ensure that all client transactions with the section receive a positive customer service experience in line with the adopted Customer Service Strategy.
- Management of staff resources (including performance of staff) ensuring performance is matched to the objectives of the adopted Business Plan. Where required institute performance management plans to engage staff in performance improvement and take/institute disciplinary proceedings where required. Implement Councils adopted policies to ensure staff are fully aware of the required performance standards and expectations.
- Attend Court proceedings of suitable jurisdiction in order to represent the Council in Planning, Certification and Compliance matters as an expert witness
The successful candidate will be integral in providing strong and engaging leadership to technical staff within the Planning, Development and Regulatory Services Branch. They will also apply Council’s business transformation model to achieve cultural change and succeed in accomplishing agreed service delivery outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will need Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying, A1 accreditation and minimum 7 years experience in a senior, managerial position.
It is also integral to have:
- Proven leadership with business transformation
- Financial management, including budget preparation and financial management plans.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, professional relationships within the development industry.
- A demonstrated, strong and engaging leadership style.
- A current Australian Drivers License.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of relevant statutory frameworks including technical standards relating to Development Assessment, Building Certification, Development Compliance, On-site sewer management (OSSM), Food Safety Compliance and Fire Safety and Pool Compliance.
- Proven comprehensive experience in the assessment of complex applications in a variety of scenarios including residential, commercial and industrial contexts
An amazing opportunity to take on a senior management position within a growing NSW council
Other benefits include:
- 35 hour week.
- Flexibility with 19 day/4 week cycle.
- Job stability with a permanent, full time position.
- Lifestyle location in the beautiful Southern Highlands.
Closing Date: 25th August 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact either Amy Frew on 02 8093 0600 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Liisa Olsson on 02 8093 0617 / email@example.com. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com