Managing a number of portfolios within both domestic and international markets this employer of choice has a strong reputation within the market for delivering sustainable and progressive business solutions. Due to internal movement, the role of the Business Finance Manager has arisen and is pivotal in leading the team to provide financial analysis, reporting and advice to investment business units.
About the Role
Leading a team of management accountants, you will adopt a strong leadership and cultural focus and be confident in decision making with significant collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The responsibilities also include:
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of policies, procedures tools and reporting frameworks to support accurate financial reporting.
- Actively participate as senior member of the Business Finance Management team
- Preparation and monitoring individual business unit budgets
- Ensuring appropriate forecast and targets are reported
- Preparation of periodic reports
- Identifying key financial risk and compliance issues and establishing strategies to manage these risks
- Assist with the development of education and awareness strategies to improve understanding and drivers of profitability
- Involvement in the implementation and maintenance of internal pricing and services
- Complete feasibility analysis for new projects and initiatives, including product development
- Actively improving financials through leadership throughout the company by contributing to financial papers and solutions that demonstrate understanding of all financial aspects of the business
- Implement and maintain appropriate risk management and governance in relation to all deliverables including responsibility for the model risk governance framework
You will hold a degree in accounting, business or commerce, CPA or CA Qualification along with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience you will have strong knowledge of management accounting processes including budgeting, forecasting and costing methodologies. You will have a varied exposure to accounting systems along with strong problem solving and analytical skills, well-developed verbal communication and writing skills. You will have the ability to influence outcomes and think strategically to identify and pursue innovation. It would be a strong advantage to have experience within investment management industry with experience in a complex reporting corporate environment.
You will be given the opportunity to work in one of Queensland’s leading organisations in a central CBD location. In return, you will be rewarded with an inclusive and high performing culture in a fast paced and dynamic environment along with a competitive remuneration package.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96696. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com