About Health and Wellbeing Queensland
Established by the Queensland Government, Health and Wellbeing Queensland is a new state-wide agency committed to improving the health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders and reducing health inequity across the State. Its initial focus will be targeted towards reducing the burden of chronic diseases through targeting risk factors for those diseases, such as obesity, poor nutrition and low physical activity.
About Your Opportunity
As the Chief Executive Officer of this newly formed statutory body, you will be a lead advocate in the pursuit of improving the health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders.
This rare and unique opportunity provides a highly accomplished executive the opportunity to lead a team to deliver short-term impacts as well as deliver activities and strategies to achieve the long-term behavioural change so important to reducing obesity and chronic diseases, to the benefit of all communities across the State.
Appointed by the Governor in Council for a term of up to four years, you will also be accountable for the day-to-day operations and performance of the agency ensuring that governance, legislative and other statutory obligations are met.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven record of accomplishment in fostering a confident, flexible and capable workforce and be willing to take personal responsibility for serving the Government whilst delivering best practice in terms of service delivery and public sector management.
- Outstanding leadership ability and a record of success as an agent of large-scale change in challenging environments. You will have extensive experience across the public, private and/or not-for-profit sector - and a strong background in strategy, policy implementation, service delivery and client service - is a prerequisite for the successful delivery of this role.
- A successful record in building trust, cultivating positive partnerships and bringing together organisations and individuals to collaborate and meet shared goals.
- The ability to embed high ethical standards and quality of life principles into your working life, as well as role model these behaviours to uphold a safe, equitable and healthy working environment.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of national and international systems, policies and best practice interventions regarding health promotion and prevention approaches.
To review the selection criteria information package for these positions visit www.davidsonwp.com/hwqueensland . Once you have done so, please click the apply button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact David (Will) Wilson on 0407 573 962 or David Reynolds on 0410 471 652.
Applications close Midnight, 10th August 2019.