The SRE lead takes a hands on approach to leading a high-performing team of technology specialists you will lead and support system availability, reliability, resilience, performance, security and transparency for the company and contribute to defining the strategy for a modern System Operations function.
- Lead the application design, development and testing and release of software in the team
- Direct line management of a group of up to 3+ Site Reliability Engineers
- Responsible for the recruitment, engagement and performance of the group
- Undertakes incident management, operational cost management, service improvement and security monitoring tasks and is available for on-call duty for application support outside business hours.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and development opportunities for that group
- improve the automation service or reduce future operational work
You are a self-motivated individual who is highly structured and a detail-oriented problem solver who understands the importance of strategy to underpin the activities required for an insight-driven organisation. You’re a results-driven people-leader, with a positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders. To be successful in this role you will have experience in the following:
- Critical CI and Analytical mindset, natural curiosity, initiative and willingness to think outside the box to solve problems, using engineering approaches to running better production systems
- Extensive experience working in technology roles across both modern infrastructure and development practices
- Strong operations background with specific experience supporting online and mobile products and services preferred
- Experience in Application Development
- Some or all of the following technical skills: Python, AWS, Java, Node.JS, Scripting (e.g. bash, Python), ITSM tooling, Salesforce, Splunk, APM tooling, IVR (e.g. PureCloud), Integration platforms
- Strong understanding and experience in Agile delivery methodologies, toolsets and techniques
- Strong technical leadership skills and ability to motivate and coach personnel in own team and across the organisation
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills to achieve business outcomes