About the Role:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Contracts Coordinator will be responsible for managing the sourcing of major material and service requirements by ensuring the timely establishment of contracts to deliver budget activity (operating and capital).related to the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Queensland Health & Safety, Environmental and Maritime Acts and Regulations
- Sourcing strategy & planning (spend Analysis, spend Forecast, market intelligence, sourcing plan), tendering, contract creation and monitoring, supplier qualification & audit, supplier management (own the commercial relationship with the contracted suppliers).
- Engage with management and key stakeholders to assist in the development of scopes of work, market engagement strategies and the preparation and review of tender documentation and submissions.
- Effective Tender negotiation to ensure value is realised and proposed services meet operational requirements.
- Provide contractual terms and conditions that provide best possible outcomes for the business whilst managing risk to as low as practical.
- Provide a contract management framework for contracts to achieve HSEC, productivity and commercial outcomes
- Accurate reporting of contract performance and other indicators that allow for continuous improvement.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Drive contract process adoption and monitor process integrity & compliance
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business, we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will:
- Hold relevant business or commercial qualifications eg Certificate IV or equivalent
- Experience in all aspects of contract administration from scoping and tendering to negotiating and awarding, monitoring and managing contracts and associated reporting on contract progress
- Have proven, recent experience in a contracts administration role, preferably in a busy project or site office environment
- Have strong systems experience including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Be a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong focus on safety
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Be flexible, innovative, unflappable and ready to take on any challenge
This is a residential opportunity located in Bowen, with direct access to the beautiful Whitsundays.
For immediate consideration, apply now!
Applications close: 21 July 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95718. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com