Key Responsibilities – Duties – Skills set
The purpose of the Organisational Change Manager position is to support the Program’s clients through the business changes that will result in part due to the implementation of a new technology platform, redesigned business processes and new organisational capabilities. The following key capabilities will be required to successfully support the program:
Business change approaches are aligned:
- Design and document the business change management approach to ensure strategic alignment to the realisation of business benefits/outcomes.
- Develop and deliver organisational change strategies and plans in consideration of all relevant program initiatives, other business priorities and the risks to successful change.
Business changes are adopted:
- Plan and manage effective approaches to promote the successful adoption of changes within the business, leading to the realisation of the business outcomes.
- Ensure that change leadership occurs through business executives and managers.
- Ensure redesigned business processes are embedded within the business.
Stakeholders are fully engaged:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure change approaches meet business needs and to manage expectations.
- Development of Stakeholder Engagement and Communication plans and specific targeted activities to ensure active engagement of the stakeholder audience.
- Identifying and develop strategies to manage communication dependencies across associated projects and programs.
Business is ready for transition:
- Plan and deliver clear, concise, timely and relevant information so that business managers and employees are clear about the reason for the changes and their impacts.
- Ensure managers, teams and individuals understand what they need to get ready for transition and assess the state of business readiness.
- Plan and manage/coordinate necessary training to ensure that employees understand new and changed solutions (processes and systems).
OCM deliverables are managed effectively:
- Lead and manage the development and planning of business change management deliverables using structured and transparent methods.
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary business change team (if/where necessary).
- Scoping for OCM activities and resourcing as input into the Detailed Business Case.
Basis for Selection
The following key capabilities will be required to successfully support the program:
- Demonstrated recent experience delivering artefacts to support the delivery of capabilities outlined above;
- Demonstrated recent experience in the delivery of supportive change and transition strategies and activities to support the implementation of cross-agency programs of work involving delivery of ICT and transformation solutions, with experience in an AGILE environment;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating multi-disciplinary, multi-agency resources;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working in program (MSP) and project management (Prince2), scrum and Agile delivery principles;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to facilitate and promote effective interactions with clients, peers and stakeholders;
- Comprehensive strategic and business acumen and able to quickly learn how the work of the business lines contributes to business outcomes;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in seeking and achieving mutually beneficial outcomes, remaining adaptable and flexible and able to deal with ambiguity;
- Strong skills in pursuing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders and clients to build professional networks;
- Able to work independently, be accountable and take responsibility for own work;
- Skills and experience in research and data analysis, able to translate and present technical and complex information appropriately to various audiences;
- Interpersonal skills of a high order, with emphasis on building and sustaining relationships;
- Advanced knowledge of drawing products such as Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint to develop graphical artefacts including flyers, newsletters, flow diagrams;
- Superior skills in the production of written, verbal and presentation material;
- Demonstrated ability to work to Program / Project Managers and lead other members of the Organisational Change team on the technical aspects of change management. This may include undertaking / developing:
- Change Complexity and Business Impact Analysis
- Stakeholder Assessments
- Communication Strategy & Plan
- Change Readiness Assessments
- Change Management Strategy and Plans
- Training and development plans and material.
- Organisational Change Management certification (eg. PROSCI)
- PRINCE2 / PRINCE2 AGILE certification
- Experience in public sector, particularly in the delivery of transformative ICT solutions for social services delivery
- Experience using graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite,
The Organisational Change Manager reports to the Program Director.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Shannon Garrett on 03 99292 9554, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96479. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com