We serve a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and employ more than 3,700 staff, treating more than 700,000 patients each year. With a growing population and increasing demand for public healthcare services, the challenge for this role is to effectively manage the current and future financial performance of the Health Service in a dynamic, challenging and innovative way.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will work with the executive and board to deliver sustainable public health care by focussing on activities and projects that will bring the best long-term return for CQ Health this will include the following functional responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice to the Chief Executive and Board on finance and performance.
- Perform an advisory role in matters concerning financial practices.
- Translates organisational strategy into meaningful long-term plans and objectives for own area of responsibility and
- Contribute to strategic and operational decisions facing the leaders of the organisation.
- Effectively manage budgets in partnership with Business Unit managers.
- Looks beyond the obvious to provide outstanding levels of service
- Implement a service culture and build the capability and profile of the function.
You will be a strong finance leader with proven stakeholder management experience and someone who engages people in the journey and breaks down silos. You will possess intimate working knowledge of the unique financial requirements of publicly funded health organisations.
You will be someone who understands the impact of external events and changing stakeholder needs on the organisation and government.
You will have proven ability to lead, the capacity and resilience to navigate complexity and a strong desire to contribute to our vision for ‘Healthier Central Queenslanders’.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Marcus Engeman on 07 3023 1060, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96242. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com