Davidson are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders and will facilitate a more dynamic and responsive energy market through a diverse mix of generation capacity and investment in renewable energy projects to deliver innovative energy solutions for their customers and increased market competition.
In shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector, this is an opportunity to align your experience as a Senior Accountant with specialist skills in Statutory and Management reporting with a growing organisation focused on customer needs.
About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Control Manager, with a close working relationship with Senior Management, your role will be pivotal in the set-up of the new Finance Team and the management reporting procedures and processes. This is a hands-on role in a challenging yet rewarding environment. Your key duties will include but not limited to:
- Drive the development of company-wide financial process and controls
- Preparation of the annual corporate plan, annual statement of corporate intent, and quarterly forecasts
- Preparation of statutory financial information to meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Contribute to the development of board level presentation of financial and non-financial information
- Lead the implementation of a new ERP system
- Lead the design and implementation of effective management reports
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual; budgeting, profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow reporting including coordinating and consolidating the required data, and analysis of financial variance to plan
- Prepare profitability analysis of and reporting for assets
- Provide support and advice to management and budget holders in interpreting financial reports
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop processes to ensure the accuracy and availability of information
- Promoting financial awareness amongst all business representatives, provide training where appropriate.
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar role and a proven track record in the leading a financial reporting function in a commercial organisation. It is essential for you to be CA/CPA qualified ideally within a Big 4 environment and have an excellent understanding of accounting standards working in a highly regulated environment. A sound understanding or experience of derivative and hedge accounting would be ideal, along with experience in an ERP implementation. Possessing the ability to resolve issues and pursue business opportunities as they are identified, you will need demonstrate that you have a strong commercial acumen with highly developed communication skills. It is essential that you are a natural influencer with the ability to engage as a true business partner.
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please click apply or call Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026. Applications close Friday 12th July at 5:00 pm.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95909. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com