You have the opportunity to expand your career whilst being part of a non-partisan, non-profit organisation dedicated to making a significant impact – bringing together community support and getting lawmakers to respect and uphold values.
Secure (and growing) donor funding and an accelerated growth stage within this relatively new group has led to a newly developed position. Joining a team of five (soon to be nine), you will be joining during at an incredibly dynamic stage of growth to fulfil a diverse, interesting and evolving position.
With an incredibly impressive Board and driven National Director, this is also an exceptional growth opportunity to be mentored within your next career stage.
About the role:
Your scope will include travelling nationally to mobilise volunteer communities in support of policy priorities and encouraging the public to act on public policy initiatives.
With a growing membership base, you will harness the support of these engaged people and grow connections, action groups and committees. Your creativity will be valued as you evolve the role in ways you believe will contribute to creating a national network of supportive groups and like-minded people.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Weekly travel across the nation to meet with volunteers and attend events in every state
- Serve as a community leader by leveraging local knowledge and building partnerships to solve issues in Australia
- Work with communities of activists to contact citizens (for example, sending text messages, making calls or in-person meetings) to educate and encourage the public to act on policy initiatives
- Develop and execute strategies to facilitate informal meetups and gatherings to engage members on priority policy initiatives
- Manage a budget related to activities, determining the best use of philanthropic funds towards making an impact and achieving the outcomes desired for priorities
Given the nature and dynamics of this role and organisation, this role would be most suited to an experienced community coordinator whose passion has already driven them towards involvement in national policy initiatives.
Your proven leadership experience and qualities along with your engaging, caring personality will connect with others and coach future group managers/volunteers, through sharing content and delivering training programs.
- A unique and passionate organisation. Come to work every day knowing that you are making a significant impact
- The chance to connect with countless communities and drive forward a initiatives that you are collectively passionate about
- Future career development opportunities
- A generous starting salary of $90,000 to $110,000 plus Superannuation
- Regular weekly travel all across Australia
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Chrissy Mandalis on 07 3023 1010, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96438. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com