|Posted||20 days ago|
Founded in Urumqi, China, Goldwind is one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. In 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity.
About the Role
Based permanently at site and reporting to the Wind Farm Site Manager, the Service Technician is responsible for assisting in the execution of the operation and maintenance to assets installed at the Wind Farm. The operation and maintenance will be conducted on the installed Wind Turbine Generators and Balance of Plant equipment.
- Adhere to Work Health Safety & Environmental (WHSE) Standards & Goldwind Australia’s relative policies and procedures.
- Assist in the completion of Wind Turbine scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in the completion of electrical Balance of Plant scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining wind farm Balance of Plant equipment.
- Assist sub-contractor in completing relevant sub-contractor tasks.
- Identify any risks to completing scheduled maintenance plan or performance standards and report to Site Manager.
- Ensure inventory levels are appropriately maintained.
- Maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Appropriately maintain site safety and/or plant & equipment.
- Support the wind farm through a 24 hour rostered on-call condition and attend to site during times outside normal hours of operation whenever necessary.
- Continually provide feedback to Service Site Manager on ideas or thoughts which may contribute to developing improvements and efficiencies of work tasks.
- Assist in undertaking operation and maintenance to other Goldwind Wind Farms.
- It is essential that the service technician has:
- A current trade qualification in the form of an Electrical license; and Current drivers licence.
- Previous experience working on large industrial Electrical or Mechanical assets in either a construction, commissioning or maintenance environment; and working within a troubleshooting or fault finding environment.
- It is desirable but not essential that the service technician holds:
- A Construction white card.
- Working at Heights.
- HV certification.
- Further qualifications in the electrical, electronic or mechanical fields; and Certification in Microsoft office suite.
- Previous experience working within the Wind or power industry would be ideal but not essential as would switchyard or sub-station maintenance experience.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-1907-96350. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com