The Parkes Region is a great place to live and raise a family with affordable housing and lifestyle properties, diverse employment opportunities, modern health services, quality educational facilities, a strong sporting culture and first class community facilities. It boasts a diverse economy with strong industries including transport, mining, healthcare, tourism, agriculture and public administration.
Parkes Shire Council will play a pivotal role in supporting a number of huge growth projects in the shire with over $300 million being spent in construction, the state’s first special activation precinct development, and the new National Logistics hub all being positioned within the region. Parkes Shire Council will be responsible for carrying out the various upgrades to access roads, water, power, gas, technology and communications infrastructure, all of which are vital to facilitate and support future developments and investment within the Hub precinct.
Click below for more information on Parkes and the role:
About the role
The key functions of this diverse position will be to provide technical and administrative support for Council’s engineering activities. The role provides for a variety of experiences within the Works and services Department of Council and will include project supervision of new and existing assets including roads, bridges, drainage, parks and gardens, airports and public swimming pools.
- To provide engineering support and supervision in relation to project management.
- Provide advice on appropriate ways to undertake a project including estimates, time management, equipment and materials including implementation of Council's Project Management methodologies.
- Prepare, monitor, review, amend project plans and report on project progress.
- Prepare contract documents and specifications in line with Council’s policies and procedures.
- Administer Council contracts including the management of the RMCC with the RMS and contractors as required, including monitoring of progress and performance.
- Assist Council to defend or avoid Civil Liability claims.
- Understand and implement Council’s Enterprise Risk Management principles within the scope of the role.
- Cooperate and communicate with Managers to ensure that safety, quality and environmental requirements are met.
- To provide support to teams in planning, defining appropriate measures, use tools, problem solving and reviewing all aspects of the initiative to help the project goals.
- Develop and maintain consistent performance systems and processes that build upon existing programs in the organisation whilst working with Corporate Strategy to assess and provide recommendations on the effectiveness of key drivers of performance that cover Councils operational parameters
- The ability to problem solve by examination and analysis of a range of options.
- The ability to lead discussions with small groups and address issues through discussion to achieve settlement.
- Write standard correspondence, reports and submissions following prescribed formats.
- Demonstration of leadership and organisational skills to supervise and control a major work area or project.
- Input to the control of financial/budget management.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Current and maintained NSW Driver’s Licence.
- SafeWork NSW Construction Induction (White Card)
- No criminal record (required to qualify for ASIC)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably in a Contracts Engineering or Project Management role.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Brylee Gilbertson on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96098. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com