|Posted||9 days ago|
UniQuest is Australia’s leading university commercialising entity, managing the intellectual property of The University of Queensland (UQ), one of Australia’s leading teaching and research universities, ranking among the world’s top universities according to several key independent rankings. UniQuest benchmarks in the top 5 percent globally for university-based technology transfer offices. Since 1984, UniQuest has built, commercialised and managed an extensive intellectual property portfolio. Since 2002, UniQuest and its startup companies have raised more than A$700 million to help take UQ technologies to market. More than 100 startup companies have been created resulting from UQ’s discoveries – a milestone unsurpassed by any other Australian university.
Be part of the team that converts early stage technologies into commercial outcomes.
We have an opportunity to join a dynamic team in the role of Associate, Commercialisation (AC).
Reporting through to the Senior Director & Head of Physical Sciences, the AC will focus on the technical and business analysis of innovative technologies for their commercial potential. The AC will assist the Senior Director and the Directors of the Physical Sciences team to identify, evaluate, prioritise, promote and manage early stage innovative technologies that have the potential to create commercially valuable intellectual property solutions for industry problems.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Searching the literature and patent databases, mapping the competitive landscape, identifying potential commercial partners and relevant historical commercial deals
- Completing preliminary due diligence reports (PDDs) for new invention disclosures
- Undertaking technical due diligence on innovative technologies, including an assessment of commercial potential
- Raising awareness of research staff to identify, protect and manage UQ’s intellectual capital and realise new business opportunities
- Developing partnerships with UQ researchers to seek and qualify invention disclosures with commercial potential
- Building, maintaining and managing strong relationships with relevant people and organisations to enable the realisation of research commercialisation opportunities
- Supporting the patenting of innovative technologies
- Calculating valuations for technologies to support investment applications
- You will have tertiary qualifications in a relevant technical discipline - ideally incorporating ICT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, cyber security, electrical engineering, robotics, physics, mechanical engineering or mining as a focus.
- Additionally, you will be an effective relationship builder and have sound knowledge or a strong appreciation of the university environment. Ideally, you will have knowledge and or experience on technology commercialisation such as evaluating technologies from technical, financial, competitor and market perspectives.
- Critical to your success will be your planning and time management skills in managing your workload related to a complex and challenging portfolio of projects.