Fantastic opportunity available to join a crucial team within this GLOBAL organisation, the Senior Data Analyst/ Data Scientist will work with business stakeholders to understand their operations, use advanced machine learning algorithms to build time series forecast models and be able to interpret model results in a business context providing commercially actionable insights to support better business decisions. This role exists to design and deliver appropriate analytical and predictive modelling solutions.
The corporate headquarters are here in South Bank, complete with rooftop dining and drinks, free 24/7 gym, award winning training programs, end-of-trip facility, direct access to public transport and the South Bank close by, free health and wellness consultations, free financial planning guidance…and more! Our client offers perks and company culture that are second to none.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To lead the data analytics & modelling projects and manage stakeholder expectations around workforce management and retail store network planning.
- Data engineering/feature engineering to ensure data sets are model ready.
- Applying advanced statistical/ mathematical/engineering techniques to build maintain and improve on time series forecasting models and to carry out research on Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods and technologies that could deliver commercial values.
For this role you need to have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (ideally a Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering) and evidence of continual learning relevant to roles throughout your career.
- 3 plus years’ experience as a data scientist in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, Oracle SQL, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks and Power BI is advantageous
- Strong experience in written and verbal communication of data findings with the ability to recognise and adapt delivery of information tailored to the audience
- Critical Thinking and curiosity to understand problems and determine solutions
- Influencing senior stakeholders with evidence of enterprise outcomes achieved in a complex environment
- Strong knowledge of statistical and mathematical modelling techniques
- Experience in machine learning techniques including but not limited to predictive modelling, segmentation and categorisation
- Strong knowledge of managing and transforming data for analytical use
- Experience using statistical tools and packages for analysing large data sets and developing forecasting models using Python or R programming languages
- Experience using interactive computing notepad software e.g. Jupyter
GRAB this opportunity while it last! Your expertise will make a direct impact to the business.
So if the above sounds like what you are looking for, then don’t hold back, contact us now, APPLY, and find out more…
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Praneil Raniga on 0430 040 046, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96268. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com