|Posted||24 days ago|
This organisation has been operating in the global market for over 60 years and operate with a vow to provide innovative machinery and technology that will continue to transform the food processing industry. Committed to best practice and best services, as a privately owned and operated company, they ensure quality products, continued improvement and responsive expert service is delivered to support the growing needs of their customers. Having grown to be a world-leading equipment manufacturer, serving an ever-growing list of food and non-food industries, a newly created role within the Finance team has arisen. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for taking a lead in the running of the day to day finance functions and lead a small team.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close
- Assist in the preparation of Year End accounts
- Assists in adoption of new accounting standards including but not limited to researching standard, preparing written accounting policy for company, and preparing new disclosures.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for management.
- Review financial data for accuracy; identify problems and support day-to-day
- Assist in job costing processing, investigations and analysis operations.
- Trains and develops accounting staff and AP staff.
- Actively participate and drive process improvement initiatives
- Assist the Financial Controller on adhoc projects
To be considered for this position you will ideally be CA/CPA qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing company. Alternatively, we are also interested in candidates who may be looking for their first move from a chartered environment and have potentially managed a portfolio of clients coming from the FMCG or manufacturing sector or other industries that have a strong focus on product costing. You will have a strong technical accounting background as you will be responsible for managing the financial reporting function, along with a solid practical understanding of SAP, in particular experience using the Purchasing and Inventory modules of this ERP. Prior experience in managing a team is also desirable.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96228. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com