Davidson has partnered exclusively with Abbot Point Operations to source exceptional candidates for the key role of Payroll Officer.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Payroll Officer will be responsible for the coordination and maintenance of the payroll function for Abbot Point Operations and associated companies, with particular emphasis on providing an accurate, timely and efficient payroll service.
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including relevant Abbot Point EA and staff contractual arrangements Ensure operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including salary disbursement, tax and superannuation applications, leave management and reporting is accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and complies with legislation.
- Continue the journey of SAP Payroll module configuration and user improvements
- Prepare complex payroll and human resource information for data input and assist with checking, quality control and maintenance of records to ensure accurate service quality and data integrity.
- Assist the organisation to meet its taxation, superannuation and other legislative and statutory obligations through processing and preparation of returns, related reports, forms and other documentation as requested.
- Provide responsive, accurate business partnering service on payroll matters, resolve difficult enquiries and assist in identifying payroll errors and implementing corrective action where required to ensure employee payments are processed accurately and database integrity is maintained.
- Maintain confidential pay and associated records.
- Respond to internal and external payroll enquiries with a consistent and timely approach providing accurate information.
- Ensure that legacy systems or methods of conducting payroll activities are reviewed and improved to create efficiency.
- Provide feedback to HR as required for implications in regards to payment structure, payment methodology and application of relevant agreements
- End to End Payroll function including end of year processes and system upgrades, PAYG, Payroll Tax, Superannuation and relevant employee deductions
- Interpretation of Enterprise Agreements and common law contracts
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will have:
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and software packages e.g. ADP, Payroll, Excel, Word
- Experience with SAP Payroll and HR modules
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Possession of strong logical reasoning and data entry skills
- An ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organisation including corporate office, suppliers and contractors
- Highly motivated with ability to use initiative
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with competing priorities
- Be a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong focus on safety
- Be flexible, innovative, unflappable and ready to take on any challenge
- Experience in working with roster patterns and roster interpretations as applicable to payroll related requirements
- Experience working in a payroll function within a large industrial/commercial environment
If you believe you are up to the challenge, and meet the above criteria, apply now!
Applications close: Sunday 14th July 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95925. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com