|Posted||26 days ago|
The Parkes Region is a great place to live and raise a family with affordable housing and lifestyle properties, diverse employment opportunities, modern health services, quality educational facilities, a strong sporting culture and first class community facilities. It boasts a diverse economy with strong industries including transport, mining, healthcare, tourism, agriculture and public administration.
Parkes Shire Council will play a pivotal role in supporting a number of huge growth projects in the shire with over $300 million being spent in construction, the states first special activation precict development, and the new National Logistics hub all being positioned within the region. Parkes Shire Council will be responsible for carrying out the various upgrades to access roads, water, power, gas, technology and communications infrastructure, all of which are vital to facilitate and support future developments and investment within the Hub precinct.
About the Role
Joining the Works and Services Directorate and reporting into the Director Works and Services, the position is responsible for managing technical engineering functions for the delivery of transport assets including survey and design services, traffic facilities engineering, design and construction standards, development related engineering assessments and project scheduling and planning.
- To manage Council’s Design and Traffic section including performance, professional development and conduct.
- Manage the section’s activities in accordance with Council’s project management processes including the planning, organising and controlling resources to achieve Council’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure engineering assessment of developments is undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation and current guidelines in relation to design standards and traffic management practices.
- Participate in the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework to ensure the activities of the section align with the future direction of Council.
- Manage and monitor Councils Drone Fleet including all remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) and operations in accordance with Councils Remote Operating Certificate (ReOC).
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for engineering aspects of developments (application, design and construction phases) to internal stakeholders, developers, consultants and general public.
- Assist Council to defend and/or avoid civil liability claims.
- Cooperate with managers/other staff to ensure the safety, quality and environmental requirement are met.
- To provide support to teams in planning, defining appropriate measures, use tools, problem solving and reviewing all aspects of the initiative to help the project goals.
- Develop and maintain consistent performance systems and processes that build upon existing programs in the organisation whilst working with corporate strategy to assess and provide recommendations on the effectiveness of key drivers of performance that cover Council’s operational parameters.
- To undertake other duties as required by Parkes Shire Council, within the scope of the person’s capabilities, knowledge and experience.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a similar related field
- Current and maintained NSW Driver’s Licence
- Working with Children Check
- Post Graduate qualification in management/engineering
- Corporate member of Institution of Engineering Australia
- Experience in CAD software for production of civil and landscape design
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field including management roles
Be Part of Something Amazing. Huge Career Opportunities within Council and the chance to be part of and influence the construction and creation of a number of landmark projects.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Frew on 02 8093 0615 or Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94864. Want to know more about Davidson? Visi us at www.davidsonwp.com