A focus of this role will be to develop effective partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, organisations and communities. The DDG is expected to provide high quality advice to the Minister, Director-General and other government agencies on relevant policies, programs and matters that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure delivery of the policies and programs that are designed and delivered to improve outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Lead the implementation of the Government’s response to the Queensland Productivity Commission’s Inquiry into ‘Service delivery in Queensland’s remote and discrete Indigenous Communities’.
- Lead the ’Moving Ahead Strategy’ to increase economic participation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Lead the implementation of the Queensland Indigenous Procurement Policy.
- Oversee effective service delivery in relation to family history and cultural heritage services.
- Drive the implementation of the Queensland Government Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Capability Framework.
- Provide strategic advice to promote reconciliation and legacy issues.
For further information, please call Ryan Webster or David Reynolds on 07 3023 1079 or visit www.davidsonwp.com.au quoting Ref. No. JO-1905-95535.
Applications close Midnight Monday 15th July 2019.