The solution lead takes a hands on approach to leading a high-performing team of technology specialists to build and release assets and technology approaches for an assigned agile delivery team. A leader whose role is to implement and continuously improve development practices of the teams and the maturity and responsiveness of the software delivery process.
- Lead the application design, development and testing and release of software in the team
- Direct line management of a group of up to 10 engineers
- Responsible for the recruitment, engagement and performance of the group
- Provides leadership, mentoring and development opportunities for that group
- Identifies and analyses quality data to inform decision-making and build confidence in risk-taking.
You are a self-motivated individual who is highly structured and a detail-oriented problem solver who understands the importance of strategy to underpin the activities required for an insight-driven organisation. You’re a results-driven people-leader, with a positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders. To be successful in this role you will have experience in the following:
- managing development when critical product features were being delivered by other teams or companies, requiring significant communication and coordination
- Develop Data products and Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Data Vaults – setup, build, pipeline, mature and maintain
- Manager role (people management)
- Software developer with significant technical contributions to java tech stack whilst using agile methodologies
- hands on working in a cloud AWS infra environment and Redshift DB
- experience of scaled agile in the enterprise, e.g. large agile transformations and frameworks gained from practical experience
- advanced software/testing methodologies such as TDD
- experience in mature AI/ML platform