- Work with an impressive Board and Executive Team
- IPAA award winning employer
- Combine lifestyle and career on Phillip Island
About the Organisation
Westernport Water (WPW) has a vision to lead through collaboration and innovation to deliver sustainable water and wastewater services that improve the health and liveability of our community. The core function of Westernport Water is to provide drinking water, recycled water, and wastewater services wherever economically, environmentally and socially practicable to properties and communities throughout its district across an area of 300 square kilometres on Phillip Island and the nearby mainland.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Corporate & People, the Manager Strategy, Performance and Governance is responsible for providing high level expertise, guidance and advice on business strategy and planning, corporate governance, risk, regulation, audit and performance reporting frameworks and systems. The role also acts as Corporation Secretary under the Water Act 1989. Specifically, you will:
- Develop, implement and manage a fit for purpose strategic business planning framework and also manage the delivery of the annual Corporate Plan
- Drive accountability, transparency and alignment with good governance and provide assurance to the Executive Team of good business practices and service delivery focus
- Monitor, advise and assist the Corporation in legislative compliance in regards to Legal, Insurance, Risk, Audit, FOI and Corporate Governance matters
- Develop, review and implement as necessary, a fit for purpose Corporate Governance Framework and Risk Management Framework
- Review, disseminate and amend corporate policies and procedures, and monitor and report to the Executive Team and the Board on compliance with governance directives
- Provide strategic and logistical support to the Executive Team, Board and Committees and ensure statutory obligations are met
- Manage the Board Reporting process internally to ensure timely and accurate preparation of Board reports.
- Proven experience in Board / Company Secretary related roles or comparable experience in governance roles
- Degree level qualifications in a relevant field
- Significant experience in a management role encompassing Strategic Planning & Reporting, Corporate Governance, Risk Management and Corporate Law
- Exceptional writing skills and Board reporting experience
- Public sector experience would be advantageous
To apply for this role, click on the “apply now” button or visit www.davidsonexecutive.com and upload your CV. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sandra Kerr on (03) 9929 9528 or Jarrod McLauchlan on (03) 9929 9515.