- Complex service delivery organisation with $300million annual turnover
- Support genU clients to help maximise their full potential
- Contribute to enhanced service delivery and profit for purpose
genU is a diverse and innovative organisation that represents the rich histories of two trusted organisations: Karingal and St Laurence Community Services. “For more than 65 years, we’ve been entrusted to provide support and services to thousands of people in the areas of disability, aged care and employment. We do this by high quality service delivery and empowering our clients through choice.” With over 3000 staff across 200 branches across Australia, an annual turnover of $300 million, genU is one of Australia’s leading community organisations. Bring your professional skills and passion to this exciting CFO opportunity.
About the opportunity:
The Chief Financial Officer is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and is central to providing strategic leadership to the organisation’s four main service divisions within genU and in taking responsibility for assisting the business units in driving profit improvement, accounting, reporting, finance and investment management activities with the primary purpose to optimise capital management through rigorous financial decision-making.
Key functions of the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Contributing confidently and strategically to the Executive Leadership Team to achieve strategic business outcomes;
- Providing the CEO, Board and Committees with expert financial advice;
- Working with the business on smarter operational initiatives which contribute to enhanced service delivery and profitability.
- Identifying and delivering process improvements and general service provision improvements.
- Working with the business to enhance their commercial acumen and knowledge of the various profit and loss parameters; compliance; government requirements and funding models;
- Empowering the finance team to grow into a high performing team of business partners;
- Enhancing financial management and reporting systems;
This role is key in shaping the future direction for genU and will suit an experienced Chief Financial Officer with a corporate / business mind and a values-driven heart. You will be a strategic and proactive leader, with extensive experience in strategic financial and business management. In addition, you will have experience and responsibility for developing substantial organisation budgets in complex service delivery organisations. Tertiary qualified and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia or CPA Australia, you will demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to engage collaboratively across an organisation. Furthermore, you will have experience providing strategic financial advice to a CEO and / or Board, and a track record of enhancing service delivery and profitability.
Please note: This role is located in Geelong, Victoria.
To apply for this role:
Please upload your CV (cover letter not required) or for a confidential discussion, please contact Seamus Scanlon on (03) 9929 9589 or Melanie Pecanek on (03) 9929 9587 from Davidson Executive and Boards who are managing the recruitment process for genU. For a copy of the role profile, please email Paris Plompen at firstname.lastname@example.org.