Tasked with improving health outcomes for Australians through the delivery of digital healthcare systems and the national digital health strategy for Australia, the Australian Digital Health Agency commenced operations in July 2016 and is responsible for national digital health services and systems, with a focus on engagement, innovation, clinical quality, and safety. The Agency’s focus is on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and the healthcare professionals who look after them.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security Operations, you provide security operations support, including identification, protection, detection, response and recovery from cyber security events. The Junior Security Analyst performs monitoring, analysis and response to security events and threats. As a member of the Security Operations Team, the Analyst is required to work collaboratively, to develop sufficient understanding of all roles within the team to provide assistance to other functions as required.
Key accountabilities include:
- Working as part of the Cyber Security Operations team to ensure the Agency's products, systems and services are managing risk appropriately and protecting customers' interests.
- Working collaboratively with Information Communications Technology (ICT) security and operational staff and consultants to ensure that security measures are implemented and operational.
- Supporting the Incident Response Team for security incidents impacting Agency systems.
- Conducting real-time monitoring and security alert triage for Agency systems and services through established processes and procedure.
- Liaising with vendors in the delivery of secure services
- Providing timely and relevant details of potential security incidents to supervising security analysts as they are discovered.
- Contributing to the formulation and ongoing evaluation of the tactical and strategic direction of the Agency's cyber security operations priorities.
- Preparing security monitoring reports for Agency IT systems.
- Consuming incoming threat intelligence feeds and contribute to the formulation of outgoing threat intelligence to support organisations in the digital health ecosystem.
- Adhering to the Agency Values and Code of Conduct.
- And other duties as directed.
You’re an aspiring Cyber Security Operations analyst who is interested in a role change that will help build your skills in Cyber Security. You’re excited by the importance and challenge of protecting some of the highest-profile information systems in the country. In addition, you are passionate about supporting your fellow team members and contributing in a collaborative environment.
Your experience includes:
- Experience working in complex operational ICT environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian Government security standards including the Attorney General's Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Australian Signal's Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM), or the demonstrated ability to quickly gain this.
- Experience in reviewing threat data from various sources.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and work collaboratively across a multi-team environment
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT /Cyber security or demonstrate equivalence through professional ICT certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other related certifications.
The Agency operates under a dual employment framework and this role may be offered as either an APS (Australian Public Service) or Common Law role. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance to a NV1 level of which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
If this resonates with you, please click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96124. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com