Tasked with improving health outcomes for Australians through the delivery of digital healthcare systems and the national digital health strategy for Australia, the Australian Digital Health Agency commenced operations in July 2016 and is responsible for national digital health services and systems, with a focus on engagement, innovation, clinical quality, and safety. The Agency’s focus is on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and the healthcare professionals who look after them.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security Operations, you provide security operations specialist knowledge and support, including identification, protection, detection, response and recovery from cyber security events. The Senior Cyber Security Analyst performs monitoring, analysis and response to security events and threats. As a member of the Security Operations Team, the Analyst is required to work collaboratively and to develop sufficient understanding of all roles within the team to provide assistance to other functions as required.
Key accountabilities include:
- Working as part of the Cyber Security Operations team to ensure the Agency's products, systems and services manage security risks appropriately.
- Providing mentoring and leadership to security analysts and senior security analysts in the Cyber Security Operations team.
- Conducting real time monitoring, analysis and triage of security events and alerts from multiple sources including but not limited to events from the Security Information and Event Tools, network intrusion systems and Host based Intrusion Prevention Tools (AV, HIPS, Application Whitelisting).
- Performing monitoring of networks and endpoints for security events/alerts for active threats, intrusions and/or compromises.
- Monitoring and assessing emerging threats and vulnerabilities to the environment and ensuring appropriate mitigation activities are implemented.
- Providing security Incident response management, advice and education.
- Liaising with vendors in the delivery of secure services.
- Providing technical advice and support for security suite of software and hardware to Agency staff at all levels.
- Developing and updating reporting for Cyber Security Stakeholders on operational security of Agency systems.
- Reviewing, documenting and improving processes to contribute to the overall security of the environment.
- Supporting the Director of Cyber Security Operations in providing tactical and strategic security for all Agency systems.
- Adhering to the Agency Values and Code of Conduct.
- And other duties as directed.
You’re an experienced Cyber Security Operations professional who is excited by the importance and challenge of protecting some of the highest-profile information systems in the country. In addition, you are passionate about supporting your team members and contributing in a collaborative environment.
Your experience includes:
- Minimum 2 years' demonstrated technical competence in security operations or technical analytics.
- Experience working in complex operational environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian Government security standards including the Attorney General's Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Australian Signal's Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Experience in Incident management and response with relevant experience operating in an Australian Government environment
- Experience in reviewing threat data from various sources.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability in providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals
- Collaborating with senior team members and a demonstrated ability to maintain complex stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of incident and forensic analysis, Splunk, Pen Testing and Malware analysis will be advantageous.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT /Cyber security or demonstrate equivalence through professional ICT certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other related certifications.
The Agency operates under a dual employment framework and this role may be offered as either an APS (Australian Public Service) or Common Law role. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance to a NV1 level of which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
If this resonates with you, please click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96123. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com