Tasked with improving health outcomes for Australians through the delivery of digital healthcare systems and the national digital health strategy for Australia, the Australian Digital Health Agency commenced operations in July 2016 and is responsible for national digital health services and systems, with a focus on engagement, innovation, clinical quality, and safety. The Agency’s focus is on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and the healthcare professionals who look after them.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security Operations, you will be responsible for leadingthe Cyber Security Operations team in identification, protection, detection, response and recovery from cyber security events. Working alongside the Cyber Intelligence Coordinator and supporting the Director, Cyber Security Operations in ensuring the security of all Agency systems. The Cyber Security Operations Team performs monitoring, analysis and response to security events and threats. As a member of the Security Operations Team, the Cyber Security Operations Team Leader is required to work collaboratively, and develop sufficient understanding of all roles within the team, to provide assistance to other functions as required.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading the Cyber Security Operations team to ensure the Agency's products, systems and services manage security risks appropriately.
- Providing mentoring and leadership to security analysts in the Cyber Security Operations team.
- Leading real time monitoring, analysis and triage of security events and alerts from multiple sources including but not limited to events from the Security Information and Event Tools, network intrusion systems and Host based Intrusion Prevention Tools (AV, HIPS, Application Whitelisting).
- Ensuring monitoring of networks and endpoints for security events/alerts for active threats, intrusions and/or compromises is performed effectively.
- Monitoring and assessing emerging threats and vulnerabilities to the environment and ensuring appropriate mitigation activities are implemented.
- Providing security incident response management, advice and education.
- Overseeing vendors in the delivery of secure services, including managing the procurement of new services where required.
- Coordinating reporting on security operations for Agency systems, including input into senior executive and board reports.
- Reviewing, documenting and improving processes to contribute to the overall security of the environment.
- Supporting the Director of Cyber Security Operations in providing tactical and strategic security for all Agency systems.
- Adhering to the Agency Values and Code of Conduct.
- And other duties as directed.
You’re an experienced Cyber Security Operations or Technical Operations (with Security as a responsibility) professional who is excited by the importance and challenge of protecting some of the highest-profile information systems in the country. In addition, you are passionate about improving the function and skills of the team and contributing in a collaborative environment.
Your experience includes:
- Minimum 5 years' demonstrated technical competence in security and or technical operations or technical analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience in Incident management and response with relevant experience operating in an Australian Government environment.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex operational environment.
- Demonstrated experience in incident and forensic analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian Government security standards including the Attorney General's Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and the Australian Signal's Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT /Cyber security or demonstrate equivalence through professional ICT certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other related certifications.
The Agency operates under a dual employment framework and this role may be offered as either an APS (Australian Public Service) or Common Law role. The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance to a NV1 level of which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
If this resonates with you, please click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 07 3023 1032, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96122. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com