|Posted||12 days ago|
The Principal Business Analyst plays a key role in leading, managing and coordinating a range of business improvement ideas to ICT services, processes and solutions to meet the needs of the business. They establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders that develop trust and ensure reliable and accurate information can be gathered and then distilled into business needs to identify fit for purpose ICT solution options.
This position reports to the Business Analysis Manager for supervision, workload management and for Performance Planning and Review (PPR).
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide expert advice when working closely with the business to translate requirements into technical outcomes which are aligned with the client’s architectural principles and strategy.
- Analyse and consolidates information to develop business cases to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Provide plain language advice on technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Work with key stakeholders to identify how changing business requirements may be delivered with existing solutions
- Guide, mentor and support team members in implementing best practice business analysis and to provide customer focused services.
- Work collaboratively with customer and other program teams.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with a number of stakeholders, in particular regarding requirements, progress, and evaluation of initiatives.
- Undertake continuous environmental scanning in relation to future development in areas relating to Business analysis. Act as a conduit for new ideas, best and emerging practice in solution development and policy and strategic integration into the client's application portfolio.
- Analyse and critically evaluate information from multiple sources and drive solution approaches in the light of competing stakeholder views and needs.
- Collaborate with technical specialists, service management stakeholders and relevant subject matter experts to map, document and establish business processes.
- Prepare specifications, process maps, activity reports, test plans, presentations, training structures as required.
- Compliance with health and safety policies, procedures, hazard reporting and safe work practices.
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to postgraduate qualification together with extensive ICT business analysis experience.
- Proven leadership ability with experience in assisting to maintain a coherent team culture focused at achieving organisation goals and applying development strategies that support the team to have the relevant skills to respond to client needs.
- Expert experience working with key stakeholders in the business to translate requirements into technical outcomes.
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to establish positive working relationships with management, inspire employees and influence internal clients and external organisations in delivering high quality business solution options for the client.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships, partnerships and networks to anticipate and negotiate changes in client expectations and requirements.
- Experience in working with project teams involved in the delivery and implementation of broad based, complex ICT projects that balance the requirements of performance, security and user functionality/friendliness in a diverse and rapidly changing university environment.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1906-96097. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com