Wollondilly Shire Council is one of the fastest growing councils in NSW. With the new Badgery’s Creek airport only 12km away, and with Wilton New Town set to be the eighth largest town in New South Wales, growth is key to its future. Part of the Western Sydney City Deal, the area will see a critical amount of Government investment rolled out for transport, jobs and infrastructure across Western and Southwest Sydney.
Located in a unique and enviable geographical position - only 1.5 hours’ drive from Sydney CBD, 45 minutes’ drive from Liverpool and 45 minutes from Wollongong – the Senior Contributions Officer role offers all the benefits of lifestyle living but with all the professional challenges of a rapidly growing peri-urban Council.
About the Role
The position of Senior Contributions Officer will be involved in the planning, design and delivery of infrastructure projects identified in Development Contributions Plans and Voluntary Planning Agreements. The position will contribute to a broad range of planning projects that will provide both amazing opportunities and challenges as we balance the growth, resilience and liveability of the Wollondilly area.
The position plays a key part in shaping the future of Wollondilly by planning adequate infrastructure such as parks, libraries and public places for this growth area. In order to achieve this it will be necessary to negotiate with State Government and Developers.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Complying with the Local Government Act, 1993 (NSW), Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other relevant environmental Acts and legislation.
- Voluntary Planning Agreements.
- Report writing, number crunching and registration processes.
- Dealing with development contribution matters in accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other legislation.
- Providing development contributions support to other sections of Council as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning, Financial Management, Accounting or related discipline.
- A minimum of 1-year relevant work experience for Contributions Officer OR 3 years relevant work experience for Senior Contribution Officer.
- Understanding of planning processes and legislation applicable to strategic planning and infrastructure delivery, particularly in relation to the management of Development Contributions Plans, Planning Agreements and Works in Kind Agreements.
- Ability to assess political situations and respect the political role of the Elected Members.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the location and role is offered.
Closing Date: midnight Sunday 7th July 2019
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Gareth Broadrick on:
T: 02 8093 0600
Or e-mail email@example.com
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com