This group is an Australian owned provider of investment and asset management services. Striving to improve investment performance through operational and technological efficiencies, this organisation pride themselves on building lasting and valued relationships with all stakeholders. This role is a new opportunity for an individual to join the team and be influential in providing oversight on core legal compliance and governance. The role will also be responsible for reviewing new business initiatives to ensure they align with regulatory requirements.
About the Role
Reporting to the CFO, the key purpose of the Risk and Compliance officer is to lead all aspects of the Group and subsidiaries in the implementation and maintenance of the risk and compliance strategies.
- Manage the internal control environment
- Deliver advice and insights to key business stakeholders in relation to operational risk and ensure continual process management
- Report on emerging industry trends and any impacts on business areas
- Monitor and manage the contractual obligations and agreements
- Manage licenses, registrations and regulatory reporting
- Uphold company records in accordance with records management policies and meet all legislative requirements
- Interact with regulators for any investigations or clarifications (ASIC/APRA)
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar role and a proven track record of the development of compliance, governance and risk management strategies. Your previous experience will ideally be within a Financial Services environment with a strong legal/compliance focus. You will have a sound understanding of regulatory compliance and have the ability to negotiate at all levels. Degree qualifications within Finance, Business/Law or Risk Management will be required.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94837. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com