|Posted||6 days ago|
Founded in Urumqi, China, Goldwind is one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. In 2015, Goldwind was the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. As construction continues on one of the largest Windfarms in the Southern Hemisphere we are looking for an experienced Rigger with extensive supervisory experience for a long term contract at their Stockyard Hill Wind Farm close to Ballarat.
- Based on site during the construction of a Windfarm the Rigger – Supervisor will supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in erecting and operating machines to hoist and convey machinery and equipment, such as structural beams, turbine parts and other construction material.
- Specifies locations for movement and erection of hoists and cranes, using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment.
- Supervising manpower, review project schedules.
- Ensure that assigned production work is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Participate in the planning process. Direct personnel and assign work accordingly.
- Qualified Rigger; must possess a recognized degree, certificate, or professional standing, or has extensive knowledge, training, and experience, and can successfully demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to rigging activities.
- Previous supervisory experience of crane and rigging operations with a thorough knowledge of associated regulations in regard to rigging gear, cranes, their capacities and capabilities.
- Previous windfarm experience would be an advantage but not essential for this role.