|Posted||3 days ago|
This role is responsible for site supervision, co-ordinating operations and directing contractors, external stakeholders and other site staff to ensure assigned work conforms to quality, time and safety requirements.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Site Foreman works closely with the Site Manager and Project Manager for each project. Direct reports include Specialist Foremen and Leading Hands.
- Manage sub-contractors to ensure the timely delivery of high quality construction work.
- Work with the Site Manager to maintain progress in line with the construction programme
- Develop and implement short and medium range construction programmes, co-ordinating and assigning tasks according to priorities and plans
- Resolve any construction issues and report on construction progress
- Conduct site inductions for all site staff, sub-contractors and visitors
- Ownership of site safety, health and environment management
- Identify and mitigate risks prior to the commencement of works
- Maintain and monitor all environmental site-specific issues
- Manage the rectification of defects and the satisfactory completion of work delivered to the highest standard
- Maintain a positive work environment with staff and sub-contractors, resolving any issues in accordance with company guidelines
- 13. Adhere to OH&S standards as outlined in the Project Safety & Environment Plans
- 5 years + experience as a Foreman on medium to large scale residential projects or aged-care projects
- Trade or building background with Certificate III in Carpentry or Certificate IV in Building and Construction
- Specialist skills and sound knowledge of working with structures, steel, finishes and services
- Highly skilled at reading and interpreting plans and drawings
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Building Code of Australia
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Brylee Gilbertson on 02 8093 0619, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95981. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com