Currently, they require a skilled Technology Platform Specialist to manage one or more technology platforms as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure excellent sustained management and operation of those technology platforms. The first priority is the BAU management and operation of the technology platforms, a secondary function is to provide platform subject matter expertise and consultancy services to Business unit and Technology Services programs/projects and initiatives where appropriate.
As the Technology Platform Specialist (EUC) you will be accountable for the management and BAU operation of primarily the End User Compute technology platforms, including:
- Champion upgrades and continuous improvements by overseeing the testing, implementing, monitoring and tuning the platform to ensure optimum systems performance and highlight potential issues to the technology platform.
- Work closely with various Level 1 and Level 2 support teams and participate as the platform SME to ensure that issues are managed and escalated appropriately as Incidents or Problems.
- Assist in Problem and Change management processes affecting the platform or where resolution requires changes to the product environment or life cycle management.
- Ensure tests and commissioning of platform and infrastructure services, systems and equipment meet acceptance criteria
- Participate as the platform SME in the transition-to-operations process to ensure all pre-requisites and operational requirements are met as part of the successful milestone completion.
- Provide guidelines for training in the use and maintenance of the platforms, services, equipment, systems and facilities.
- Strong and demonstrable technical background in End User Computing and managing:
- Microsoft Windows 8/10 in an enterprise environment.
- Integration with MS Office365 products.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of MS Office products and trouble-shooting techniques.
- Experience managing and administering global enterprise Messaging, Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies in a high-availability environment
- MS Active Directory and supplementing products.
- Authorisation/authentication delegation frameworks.
- experience managing and administering Citrix Presentation and Remote Access products:
- Office desktop productivity suite
- Experince with Application packaging, Microsoft SCCM