Electrical Design Engineer, Protection
Do you want to progress in a key position with a major rail infrastructure organisation? Are you a design engineer with an electrical background seeking to work with a team of highly skilled individuals within a sector leading government organisation?
This government organisation has bench marked the rail industry in regards to standards and diversity within the workforce. Forward thinking, innovative and rewarding passionate workers, being part of this team will present exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Your primary purpose to provide technical expertise, including production of electrical designs and development of effective, timely and evidence based technical solutions to identified issues. Additionally you will be:
- Provide expert engineering and advice on high voltage and traction power systems, overhead wiring and power supply upgrade.
- Production and review of high voltage protection designs
- Preparation of design briefs for high voltage protection design
- Work alongside technical specialists to develop commissioning plans and methods for high voltage equipment to enable design verification
- Preparation and evaluation of technical feasibility studies
- Monitor industry research and development relating to protection and control and its application to the organisation.
- Degree in electrical engineering;
- 10 years’ experience in a relevant engineering discipline within a comparable public or private sector organisation;
- Knowledge of electrical AC and DC protection systems;
- Knowledge of SCADA systems;
- Knowledge of codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines, relevant to power systems engineering;
- Demonstrated experience in Engineering design softwares;
- Demonstrated experience in AC & DC fault calculations, HV protection design, network operation, protection grading studies, and relay setting for AC and DC electrical networks;
- Demonstrated experience in construction and commissioning of HV protection systems and control;
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation and review of protection schematic diagrams
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95960. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com