Founded over 100 years ago this leading legal firm prides themselves on their client focused approach and industry leading experts. With global operations and a well-established presence in Australia, they provide advice across high-profile public disputes, assist governments and corporations alike. They also pride themselves on their community focus and support disadvantaged individuals and groups, charities and not-for-profit organisations through pro bono legal work. As a result of internal movement, the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to join the team in this challenging and varied role.
About the Role
The main purpose of the role will be to provide support to the Financial Accounting Lead and assist in managing the finance function of the Queensland operations. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the preparation of all financial statements for both QLD and their PNG operations
- Assist with Profit and Loss, budgeting, forecasting and cash flow reporting.
- Manage the month end close process, bank reconciliations and Fixed Asset register
- Provide general ledger account reconciliation and reallocation of expenses
- Monitor intercompany accounting and manage trust accounting
- Identify future systems enhancements and improvements for reporting purposes
- Assist the Finance Lead on ad hoc projects
To be considered for this sought after position you will ideally be CA/CPA qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial accounting position. You will have extensive experience within a technical accounting role and have a sound knowledge of large ERP systems. You will have the ability to communicate well with various stakeholders and love working in a collaborative team of like-minded individuals.
Working for an employer of choice, the organisation will offer a competitive salary with a generous benefits package. There is also both national and international career opportunities for the right individual.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95953. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com