About the Role:
Reporting to the Planning and Engineering Superintendent, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for a broad range of mechanical engineering maintenance and infrastructure project activities related to the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Queensland Health & Safety, Environmental and Maritime Acts and Regulations
- Review and modification of drawings
- Provision of effective terminal maintenance activities
- Provision of technical input into port maintenance plans and costings
- Undertaking specific project activities as required
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will:
- Have recognised tertiary degree qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- RPEQ certification desirable (or willingness to obtain)
- Be a positive and enthusiastic individual holding safety at the highest regard.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take accountability for work productivity whilst contributing to dynamic and proactive teams.
- Proven experience working on site in operations and maintenance in a port (preferable), mining or other heavy industrial environment is ideal
- Current driver’s licence, and ability to obtain first aid certificate and Maritime Security Identification Card as required.
This is a residential opportunity located in Bowen, with direct access to the beautiful Whitsundays.
For immediate consideration, apply now
Applications close: 23rd June 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94890. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com