Brisbane South PHN is a not-for-profit organisation that works in partnership with local community organisations, health care professionals, regional hospital and health services, state and federal governments, and the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to support a well-coordinated and collaborative primary health system.
About the Role
The General Manager, Stakeholder Engagement & Communications (GM, SEC) is responsible for leading and managing the communications function for BSPHN, including the Communications Team, driving performance within and across all areas of the organisation through effective and inspirational leadership.
The GM, SEC will also build strong working relationships with key external stakeholders including the Department of Health, the Office of the Minister for Health, Federal and State MPs, Hospital and Health Services, local councils, media organisations and community based organisations and networks.
- You will have proven communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively consult and negotiate with senior management, clinicians, consultants, Ministerial advisors and key stakeholders.
- You will be experience in managing media, communications and engagement activity in a busy environment, including the ability to anticipate reputational risks to the organisation and put in place mitigation strategies.
- You will be a skilled leader of multidisciplinary teams and have the ability to link with other officers in a team-based approach to achieve successful outcomes.
- You will have a relevant tertiary qualification and experience in the management of Government/Health communication, or transferrable commercial or private sector experience that can be assimilated into a health space.
- Additionally, you will possess professional traits including being: collaborative, solutions focused and resourceful, confident, enthusiastic and commercially astute.
This is an Executive level position in a dynamic, impactful organisation with the ability to make a positive difference to a large portion of the population of Queensland. There is a competitive remuneration package on offer and offices positioned in an accessible location with on-site parking.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Marcus Engeman on 07 3023 1060, quoting ref no. JO-1906-95793. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com