A05 Advisor (Contracts)
|Job Title:||A05 Advisor (Contracts)|
|Salary:||$52 - $52 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Orla Kelly|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2019 13:20|
Background and Description of Services
Experience in managing contracts and operator relationships will be an advantage in this position as the successful contractor will be required to establish and maintain a professional relationship with service providers in order to contribute to the management of a portfolio of contracts for the delivery of public transport services in Queensland.
The successful contractor will assist in the development of policies and strategies supporting the Governments key priorities in urban transport in a changing and dynamic environment.
This role reports to Manager Contracts and has no direct reports.
Accountabilities will include:
• Contract Management and Legal: Establishment and adherence to contemporary contract management practises. Develop clear and concise contractual documentation for more complex, medium to high risk contracts. Documentation includes
• Negotiation: Engage in successful negotiations and assist multi-discipline negotiation teams in complex negotiations (at regional or cross-business unit level), consulting and engaging with legal, financial and other parties as required.
• Risk Management: Provide advice of key risks at a contract level for larger, more complex arrangements involving facilitating appropriate input from legal, HSE, technical and commercial specialists, and implement appropriate measures to identify risks on an on-going basis.
• Financial and accounting: Manage reporting and payment processes with operators ensuring thorough analysis of monthly claims, accurate recording of relevant data and provision of reports as required. Maintain and improve the regional transport database to assist with monitoring and managing contract performance.
• Performance and Relationship Management: Work closely with suppliers to develop and implement performance management regimes. Meet with suppliers to monitor and manage performance matters including resolving disputes and performance issues. Analyse a wide variety of supplier and performance related information using multiple tools and systems.
• Procurement: Prepare professional, well-structured and concise procurement documentation using appropriate language, relevant information, and providing clear instructions.
• Legislative, Probity and Ethics: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of public procurement probity, ethical processes and lead by example to ensure all codes of practice (for example, ethics, probity, health and safety) are fully understood and consistently applied across the team.
• Current and valid driver’s licence.
• Frequent Intrastate travel may be required.
• Experience in managing performance-based contracts.
• High level passenger transport service experience.
• Advanced excel and database management skills.
Applicants will be assessed on how well they can demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Models Professional and ethical Behaviour: Acts in accordance with the QPS legislative framework and Code of Conduct. Models ethical behaviour and consistently applies those standards to self and others in words and actions.
• Manages internal and external relationships – Uses clear and concise written and verbal communication. Models open communication and actively and attentively listens to others. Works collaboratively with others and can identify relevant stakeholders’ expectations and concerns. Approaches negotiations with a clear understanding of key issues and can discuss issues thoughtfully with credibility.
• Acts proactively and Focus on Performance: Can work flexibly without supervision. Prioritises and organises self to meet deadlines and reports progress and any potential delays or issues which may impact on others.
• Seeks Continuous Improvement and display rigour in analysis: generates and shares creative ideas and suggestions for improvement. Rigorously researches and analyses information relevant to tasks and can demonstrate sound judgement in decision making.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's