Wollondilly Shire Council is one of the fastest growing Shires in NSW. Located on the south western outskirts of Sydney, it is only 12km’s from Western Sydney’s Badgery’s Creek Airport and a stone’s throw away from Sydney’s CBD, the beaches of the South Coast and the mountains of both the Southern Highlands and the Blue Mountains. There are plans for the region to grow rapidly in the coming years. Council’s challenge will be to maintain and preserve the regions core ‘country’ values and roots, whilst managing a significant period of growth and providing sustainable services and facilities to the community.
Full Brochure for the role : https://online.flowpaper.com/7964073d/WollondillySuccessProfile/
About the Role
The Projects Manager Position is a key role which will lead the projects team for the delivery of councils civil, property, open space and environmental projects as well as non-build projects and programmes as well as leading the council’s property function in developing and implementing best practice project management.
- Lead the procurement decision process for project delivery (internal, external, combination) to assign project delivery responsibilities.
- To lead the projects team responsible for the delivery of Council’s civil, building, property, open space and environmental projects & programmes and non-build projects, including but not limited to: planning, estimating, approvals, statutory requirements, community engagement, supervision and commissioning.
- Lead and coordinate Council’s property function in developing and implementing best practice property management in order to ensure that all Council and Council managed property is managed to maximise benefit to Council and the community
- Development, maintenance and implementation of project management processes and procedures for the effective delivery and reporting of projects and contributing to the identification, procurement and implementation of supporting project management system.
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of standard procurement processes (tendering and quotes).
- To contribute, together with the Director Infrastructure & Environment, Executive and Managers to the forward planning, business planning and development of the Directorate and the Organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering or building construction and extensive experience in managing civil engineering or building projects
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and program multiple projects.
- Proven time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and/or implementation of project management processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and supervision of consultants and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- High level of communication skills.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Experience in managing property portfolios, the leases, licences, land classifications, property valuations and land sales/purchases.
- An understanding and/or demonstrated competence in the design and/or assessment of engineering specifications and designs.
- An understanding and/or demonstrated competence in the design and/or assessment of stormwater drainage investigations and designs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing contracts and contract negotiations in a local government context.
- Experienced in stakeholder and community management.
Wollondilly Shire is facing an exciting future. The shire is experiencing unprecedented interest in development and growth and the population is set to rise to at least 100,000 by 2033. Wollondilly Shire is also one of the eight (8) Council’s participating in the Western Sydney City Deal. As a member of the infrastructure team, you will be positioned to directly both lead and influence the direction of this once in a generation period of change and growth. With an active social club, fantastic career progression opportunities and good remuneration, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Frew on 02 8093 0615 or Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95436. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com