Key Responsibilities – Duties – Skills set
- Contribute to the development of communications strategies, plans, supporting artefacts, tools and templates (internal and external) to support the program.
- Work in partnership with the organisational change manager to implement effective and coordinated change management communication and engagement activities.
- Research, write/prepare and seek appropriate approvals for program communication and marketing collateral including information releases, presentations, electronic broadcasts and other communication material for a variety of audiences as identified in program communication plans.
- Produce high quality, effective and timely communications materials including intranet content, emails and newsletters to support the change program
- Work closely with the program team, including business analysts, subject matter experts, and the change management team, to determine appropriate messages for communication.
- Implement and maintain effective communication channels and methods, such as SharePoint, to ensure stakeholders are kept well informed and embed feedback loops.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of communication plans and deliverables.
- Represent the department and manage consultations with a diverse set of stakeholders, including but not limited to: other state Government departments, other levels of government, and the non-government sector.
- Manage communication for initiatives which have multiple complex deliverables and issues with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Assist with technical editing and formatting assistance with program deliverables and reports.
- Show a willingness to perform other duties assigned by the Program Change Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications.
- Knowledge and experience using desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Knowledge of contemporary communications best practice, and experience in implementing communications in practical situations within the public or private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to write and prepare internal communications, client and customer facing communications and material for publication across complex and detailed communication projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of relevant communication technologies to monitor and evaluate implementation.
- Proven ability to act independently to meet project goals within identified deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication (both written and oral) consultation and negotiation skills with proven ability to liaise / engage with multi-disciplinary stakeholders within large, complex organisations.
- Experience delivering change communications.
- Demonstrated experience in, and exposure to, project management activities, including PRINCE2 and Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience using social media and other current communication technologies.
- Communication plans and artefacts
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95730. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com