|Posted||19 days ago|
- The position is required to estimate, procure and manage the procurement of major components for wind farm projects.
- The primary function of this role will be to deliver key procurement contracts such as wind towers, major electrical components and to assist the Pre-contracts team as required.
- The purpose of the role is to:
- Estimate, procure and manage tower supply and fit out contracts through the precontracts phase to execution of contracts, including sourcing local content and imports.
- Manage the minimization of customs duty, dumping duty and other associated costs.
- Obtain competitive supply of wind towers, meteorological masts, kiosks and other requirements of wind farms.
- The role will also support the Pre-contracts team in the preparation of projects and provide assistance to the project delivery team through project management of discrete elements or functions.
- The scope of the role covers;
- Assist with the preparation of scope and other technical documentation required for the successful engagement and delivery of the contracts.
- Maintaining market knowledge of supply chain options and competitor strategies.
- Supporting the negotiation of contracts and other commercial positions.
- Frequent contact with potential suppliers and subcontractors.
- Communication and coordination of activities with internal and external stakeholders locally and internationally
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline.
- Training in contract and project management
- Ideally experienced in Wind industry, Power industry or Construction Industry.
- Estimating, tendering, negotiation and administration of construction contracts.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Negotiation skills and ability to relate to diverse stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of contracts, schedules, documentation management, financial administration.
- Good knowledge of Project Office systems including scheduling software.
- Ability to work effectively across Australia and other jurisdictions.
- Occasional Travel – mainly regional and interstate but overseas if required.