Are you a Senior Communications Officer looking for your next opportunity based on the Sunshine Coast?
In the role of Senior Communication Officer, you will provide high level communication support to the delivery of the Regional Projects.
- Coordinate and execute communication and engagement activities for Projects in the North Coast District, including providing project managers with ongoing communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Develop strategies for stakeholder management and consult with a wide range of interest groups.
- Assist the project’s communication team to provide communication advice and support to the Regional Director, District Director, Project Director, managers and other staff in the areas of media and issues management, risk assessment, community engagement and communication strategies using appropriate communication tools.
- Manage the preparation of communication materials, including but not limited to researching and writing communication control plans, project correspondence, media statements, ministerial briefings, newsletters, flyers, display materials, presentations, speech notes and so on.
- Develop, plan and manage key communication activities such as displays, expos, road commissioning, launches, media opportunities and other events as required.
- Provide training, advice and support to project staff and consultants to enhance communication skills and improve relationships with key stakeholders and the community in the delivery of the project.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, activities, procedures and policies, which assist the project to achieve its strategic objectives.
- While qualifications are not mandatory, a degree in communications, public relations or journalism would be highly desirable.
- Experience in a strategic communication or community engagement role in an environment dealing with major infrastructure projects, particularly in the transport or civil engineering sector, will also be highly regarded.
- Community Engagement - Uses knowledge of community engagement practices and strategies to provide high level advice to regional management and ensure effective community and departmental outcomes.
- Executive Correspondence - Uses understanding of government, executive correspondence techniques to develop and tailor materials to enhance and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Public Relations - Uses high level understanding of public relations and corporate communication management to guide regional strategies and activities to improve the department’s reputation with stakeholders and the community.
- Media - Uses high level understanding of media, government and regional operations to manage and develop media resources to enhance department’s reputation.
- Teamwork and collaboration - Demonstrates an awareness of teamwork principles and works in accordance with these in a team environment.
- $52.25 per hour + Super
- Immediate Start
- Maroochydore location
Please contact Orla Kelly on 07 3023 1036 or email@example.com