A Director, Commercialisation is the key link between the university’s world-renowned research staff and industry and investment organisations looking for commercial opportunities. Given the specialist nature of the work at the university, each Director, Commercialisation is given control of a portfolio of researchers, based on their specialisation. Currently, UniQuest is seeking someone to join its Physical Sciences team.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Developing strong effective relationships with UQ researchers to identify potential opportunities to commercialise IP;
- Formulating commercial proposals to drive improved commercial outcomes;
- Attracting and networking with potential key investors and industry stakeholders;
- Structuring, negotiating and closing commercial arrangements to maximise value for the organization;
- Managing and maintaining a portfolio of qualified projects;
- Ensuring greater understanding of commercial process amongst the UQ research community.
You have considerable experience in technology and IP commercialisation (ideally ICT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, cyber security, electrical engineering, robotics, mechanical engineering or mining), with demonstrated ability to drive commercial activity in this environment and deliver outcomes. Effective as a relationship builder, with a collaborative approach to operating in a high performing culture, you have sound knowledge or a strong appreciation of the university environment. Tertiary qualifications in a field aligned to the study of Physical Sciences is essential. We would welcome applications from suitably qualified overseas candidates.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jon Hottot on 07 3023 1083, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95570. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com