About the Role:
This is a senior position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer – Abbot Point Operations. The successful applicant will lead the successful delivery of our capital management projects and the greenfield development of our Rail Haulage business.
- Manage the overall delivery of the capital works program including project management activities
- Assign resources to deliver the works within budget, quality and regulatory frameworks
- Drive delivery and review progress against plans, contractual arrangements and delivery milestones to ensure they are on schedule.
- Leadership in health, safety, environment and community requirements
- Actively manage key stakeholders both internal and external
- Adequately asses and manage risk in accordance with company and legislative requirements
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Queensland Health & Safety, Environmental and Maritime Acts and Regulations
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will:
- Have recognised tertiary degree qualifications in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or equivalent
- Have proven, recent, multidisciplinary project management experience in heavy industry (ports, material handling, mining or similar)
- Possess strong contractual, legal, and commercial acumen
- Have proven experience with people and performance management, including management of sub-contractors
- Have strong client and key stakeholder management skills
- Be a positive and enthusiastic individual holding safety at the highest regard.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take accountability for work productivity whilst contributing to dynamic and proactive teams.
- Current driver’s licence, and ability to obtain first aid certificate and Maritime Security Identification Card as required.
This is a residential opportunity located in Bowen, with direct access to the beautiful Whitsundays.
For immediate consideration, apply now
Applications close: 2nd June 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95277. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com