About the Role:
- This is a technical cloud support role working with a large Enterprise team that’s supportive and collaborative.
- There will be ongoing interaction with other technical team members. The role holder will be exposed to AWS Windows and Linux, RDS, OpenShift, RedHat and microservices.
- A strong focus is placed on high attention to detail and team work within a small team of engineers.
Key Responsibilities of the role :
- Provide 24/7 support for Kafka deployed in AWS
- Full automated deployment of applications and services into AWS using OpenShift
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and optimisation of cloud-hosted applications and services in AWS, including cost optimisation
- Working with application development teams using continuous delivery practices and toolsets i.e. Git, Jenkins, automated testing tools.
- Liaising with 3rd Party vendors and support providers for timely resolution of issues
- Promote and realise automation opportunities across application deployment, maintenance and operational activities.
- Need to maintain the current applications and make upgrades if and when required
- Experience using Kafka
- Experience with automating, managing and monitoring AWS services: EC2, EBS, ELB, Route53, S3, Cloudwatch, Auto scaling, VPC and RDS, Kafka
- Strong Linux skills: debugging, package management, performance tuning and administration
- Experience with IT automation and configuration management (Puppet and Cloud formation strongly desired)
- Knowledge of Middleware technologies i.e. (Tomcat, Apache and Java)
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, capacity/performance management and tuning: storage and network concepts such as subnetting, DNS and routing/switching
- AWS Qualifications desirable (not mandatory)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95527. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com