A celebrated NSW State Government Agency with a growth mentality and a huge pipeline of projects. For more information regarding the client, please contact me directly.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Director, this role is responsible for leading and managing the project teams through project governance and formation to deliver the major capital works outcomes.
The successful applicant will have sole responsibility for the delivery of their assigned projects including:
• Ensure probity relating to procurement, contracting arrangements and ensure procurement plans are in place, undertaken and reviewed with a focus on the end user, value for money, project timing, innovation and future use.
• Managing and reporting on the payment of consultants and contractors in accordance with legislation and contracts.
• Plan and oversee the forward works project procurement including engaging consultants and contractors responsible for delivering individual projects and ensuring the best quality services.
• Provide timely and accurate project reporting including cash flows, program milestones
• Evaluate the progress and performance of designated Major Works projects using the existing program management tracking and monitoring systems, guidelines, policies and processes.
• Accountable for the development of project briefs, project plans and risk management plans for individual projects, including liaising with the Asset Planners in the development of all requirements on Capital Works proposals.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary and/or post graduate qualifications in Construction, Engineering, Project Management or related fields.
- 10+ years’ of relevant project planning and delivery experience, preferably gained in a large, complex and decentralized work environments.
- Proven experience in the successful planning and/ or delivery of construction projects to a value of more than $20 million.
- Proven experience of long duration delivery projects, typically up to 3 years, with clear objectives, potential for conflict and a number of influential key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership of small teams and has demonstrated experience to achieve outcomes by providing constructive feedback to others around their performance, strengths and development needs.
- Previously worked in a diverse team environment and worked effectively with other support functions reporting to more than one stakeholder.
- Ability to apply guidelines, standards and processes which are generally clear and established, but have potential for ambiguity in some areas.
- Ability to respond to unpredictable risks and manage a number of simultaneous/overlapping phases across multiple projects.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Competitive daily rate of up to $1025 + super per day
- 12 month contract with possible extension
- Autonomy within your role
- Central Sydney based - with travel to project sites
- ASAP Start
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629 or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95554. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com