This vibrant and culturally diverse organisation is looking for an innovative, passionate, and driven Civil Engineer to join their Assets & Engineering team as a Drainage Investigations Engineer. They have a positive and friendly working environment and are committed to fostering a customer focused, delivery led culture.
About the Role
- Initial temporary contract with view to extend into the new financial year
- Band 5 pay rate
- Provide high quality customer service and advice, investigate and resolve miscellaneous drainage issues.
- Project manage and ensure the timely and successful delivery of selected drainage capital works projects.
- Assist in the delivery of special charge schemes if required.
- Prepare minor design and documentation for selected drainage capital works projects.
To be applicable, you will have the:
- Ability to conduct field and desktop drainage investigation works, identify causes, solve problems and take appropriate action to address identified issues.
- Knowledge of Section 200 and the current Special Charge provisions of the Local Government Act 1989 and the drainage provisions of the Council's General Law.
- Strong IT skills and the ability to use Autocad, Civil 3D, Advanced Roads, Finance One, Drains, Microsoft Project, GIS, Microsoft Office and other software applications in the delivery of role responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time, set priorities and, with some supervision, to complete own work within budget and on time. The ability to plan and program actions arising from the investigative works and coordinate selected drainage projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of internal and external management, staff and the community and commitment to customer service.
- Experience in drainage design, plan preparation, contract management, construction supervision, budget control and the administration of special charge schemes is desirable.
- Willingness to work towards continuous improvement and generate improvements in service efficiency and quality for customers.
They offer employees a range of benefits, including:
- flexible work options
- opportunities for career development
- health and wellbeing initiatives
- an active Social Club.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Paddy Courtney on 0426 896 442, quoting ref no. JO-1905-95509. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com