About the Role:
Reporting to The Planning and Engineering Superintendent, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for a broad range of terminal electrical maintenance and project activities related to the Abbot Point Coal Terminal.
- Compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Queensland Health & Safety, Environmental and Maritime Acts and Regulations
- Identification, scheduling and completion of all electrical statutory requirements across the Port Operations
- Development and review of engineering specifications and scopes of work for new installations, upgrades and overhauls
- Review and update of electrical control systems, PLC and reticulation system drawings
- Management of installed automatic fire detection and protection systems
- Undertaking specific project activities as required
About the Business:
Our mission at Abbot Point Operations is to Grow Local. As we continue to build our business we understand that our operation in the Whitsunday Region is not just about our physical assets, it is about our people and the local community we are part of.
To be considered for this genuine career opportunity, you will:
- Have recognised tertiary degree qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Have current low voltage switchboard rescue and resuscitation
- Be a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong focus on safety
- Have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Have proven experience working on site in operations and maintenance in a port (preferable), mining or other heavy industrial environment
- Have proven experience with Maintenance Management Systems
- Have current or easily obtained driver’s licence, first aid certificate and Maritime Security Identification Card
This is a residential opportunity located in Bowen, with direct access to the beautiful Whitsundays.
For immediate consideration, apply now
Applications close: 24 May 2019
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1904-94888. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com