Taxation Officer | A03
|Job Title:||Taxation Officer | A03|
|Salary:||$38 - $38 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Orla Kelly|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 16:39|
This position operates within the Investment Services and Finance Program which provides services to a reputable Government department, the executive leadership team and staff to support decision making, advance accountability and deliver high quality services.
This opportunity exists within the Taxation Unit, whose primary role is to provide taxation and business services to both core operations and external clients of the Office. This Unit administers one of the largest lodgement programs of its type in the country, overseeing the taxation affairs of more than 16,000 taxpayers.
Your specific role will be to prepare income tax returns and other statutory compliance documents, and to assist in the provision of timely and appropriate business support and advice to clients in the area of financial and taxation accounting services.
This role reports to the Principal Taxation Officer.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Taxation Officers are required to perform some or all of the following business support duties:
• Preparation of income tax returns to review stage in accordance with set productivity benchmarks.
• Assisting in the provision of sound and accurate advice in the area of financial and taxation accounting services.
• Use of information systems to provide service and advice to stakeholders.
• Assisting with the audit, review, investigation, and appraisal of systems and program evaluation.
Your Key Capabilities:
In the context of the duties described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who is capable of contributing to the Office across the following core capabilities:
• Supports strategic direction by understanding and supporting the organisation’s mission and business objectives, researching and analysing information relevant to work tasks and responsibilities.
• Achieves results by making effective use of own capabilities, seeing tasks through to completion and working within agreed priorities, escalates problems.
• Supports productive working relationships by building and sustaining positive relationships with team members, clients and working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Displays personal drive and integrity Acts professionally at all times and takes personal responsibility for accurate completion of work.
• Communicates with influence by focusing on key points and uses appropriate language.
- A03 ($38.13 per hour)
- Immediate Start
- 4 month contract, with possibility of extension
- Brisbane CBD
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
A03 Data Entry Officer
AU$38.13 - AU$39.13 per hour
AU$65000 - AU$75000 per annum + superannuation, pro-rata.
AU$30.00 - AU$40.00 per hour + superannuation
AU$70000 - AU$75000 per annum + plus super
AU$60000 - AU$65000 per annum + plus superannuation