We have partnered with Fitzroy Australia Resources, a new force in the Queensland metallurgical coal mining industry with a portfolio of existing operations and a pipeline of growth projects. In their short history Fitzroy has successfully reinvigorated the operations at Carborough Downs underground mine, and breathed new life into the Broadlea open cut operation.
Fitzroy’s next exciting venture is the Greenfields underground longwall and bord and pillar coal mine - Ironbark No.1.
Fitzroy’s employees are engaged, connected to their business, proud of what they have achieved, have conviction in one another and their potential. Innovative thinking and decisive leadership are the hallmarks of this company. They deliver a challenging and rewarding environment and their success is built on the foundation of being a people business that mines coal.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Development Superintendent.
About the Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and manage the Development department
- Implement systems to ensure production targets are met on daily, monthly and yearly basis
- Developing monthly and three monthly plans to meet production targets
- Develop, implement and maintain high quality panel standards
- Root cause analyses on major delays
- Maintaining statutorily compliance in the panels
- Develop and implement the Development annual business plan and provide input into long term planning
- Process and sequence planning - detailed mapping of underground development outbye tasks, which focuses on process discipline and minimising downtime (belt moves, ventilation, supplies etc)
- Develop and Manage capital and operating budgets for the Development area
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically specialist teams to support operational performance.
- Outstanding analytical skills to pull multiple sources of data together to develop solutions and improvements before others may even be aware there is an issue.
- A strong operational focus with demonstrated history of creating pragmatic solutions that safely produce coal
- The ability to work with peers for the success of the operation and the business.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Survey, Geology or similar with extensive experience in underground coal mine development
- Demonstrated ability to lead multifunctional team members
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Drive, energy, passion and enthusiasm and a genuine desire to deliver
This is a genuinely unique career opportunity with an attractive salary and benefits package on offer.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-1903-94371. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com