Goldwind are one of the world's leading wind power companies. The largest player in the wind industry in China, Goldwind has a presence on six continents globally. In 2015, Goldwind was recognised as the world's number one wind turbine manufacturer by newly installed generation capacity. They are now in the process of recruiting a number of Mechanical Technicians for permanent positions across two large windfarms based at Stockyard Hill and Moorabool which are both commutable from Ballarat and neighbouring areas.
About the Role
Based permanently at site and reporting to the Wind Farm Site Manager, the Mechanical Technician is responsible for assisting in the execution of the operation and maintenance to assets installed at the Wind Farm. The operation and maintenance will be conducted on the installed Wind Turbine Generators and Balance of Plant equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the completion of Wind Turbine scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining wind farm equipment.
- Assist sub-contractor in completing relevant sub-contractor tasks.
- Identify any risks to completing scheduled maintenance plan or performance standards and report to Site Manager.
- Ensure inventory levels are appropriately maintained.
- Maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Continually provide feedback to Service Site Manager on ideas or thoughts which may contribute to developing improvements and efficiencies of work tasks.
- Assist in undertaking operation and maintenance to other Goldwind Wind Farms.
- It is essential that the service technician has:
- A mechanical trade qualification; and Current drivers licence.
- Previous experience working on large industrial mechanical assets in either a construction, commissioning or maintenance environment. Trouble shooting and fault finding.
- It is desirable but not essential that the service technician holds:
- A Construction white card.
- Working at Heights.
- Previous experience working within the Wind or power industry would be ideal but not essential.