- Assist to manage complex industrial and employee relations issues in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist to develop, negotiate and facilitate the implementation of the department’s enterprise bargaining agreement, including preparation for and participation in arbitration process.
- Provide authoritative and tactical advice and support in relation to disputes and requests for clarification/interpretation of industrial materials.
- Prepare clear and concise briefing material and other information as required for senior leaders, the Director-General and Minister.
- Represent the department in a range of settings, including industrial negotiations, public sector forums and committees, and in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission.
- Monitor the department’s legislative compliance in respect of various industrial matters and forums.
- Participate as a member of department/union industrial forums and provide oversight of Agency Consultative Framework.
- Develop, maintain and promote productive relationships with stakeholders (subject matter experts, senior leaders, union officials and inter-governmental networks) based on trust competence and skill.
- Provide advice and support to the Senior Advisor within Industrial Relations and Policy team by promoting and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Other tasks as determined by the Manager where the employee is deemed to hold the appropriate capabilities to carry out those tasks.
To be successful in this role you will be required to demonstrate capability in the following areas:
- Technical/role specific – a high level understanding of the key industrial relations legislation and instruments relevant to the department
- Supports strategic direction - Understands the work environment and initiates and develops team goals, strategies and work plans. Identifies broader factors, trends and influences that may impact on the team’s work objectives. Considers the ramifications of issues and longer-term impact of own work and work area.
- Achieves results - Sees projects through to completion. Monitors project progress and adjusts plans as required. Commits to achieving quality outcomes and adheres to documentation/procedures. Seeks feedback from supervisor to gauge satisfaction.
- Supports productive working relationships - Builds and sustains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients. Proactively offers assistance for a mutually beneficial relationship. Anticipates and is responsive to client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Displays personal drive and integrity – Provides impartial and forthright advice. Challenges issues constructively and can justify own position when challenged. Acknowledges mistakes and learns from them, and seeks guidance and advice when required
- Communicates with influence - Seeks to understand the audience and tailors communication style and message accordingly. Listens carefully to others and checks to ensure their views have been understood. Checks own understanding of others’ comments and does not allow misunderstandings to linger.
- 6 - 8 week contract
- Immediate Start
- A07 $67.08 per hour